1. A non-refundable $200 deposit is required to secure a classroom seat.
2. The balance of the tuition fee must be remitted in full prior to the first day of the scheduled class.
3. The tuition pricing does not include materials fees, such as books, that may be required for a particular class.
Early Bird Registration Policy
1. To qualify for the Early Bird pricing, you must register by the stated date.
2. The Early Bird discount is not applicable to any required materials fees.
3. The Early Bird discount may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions.
1. If tuition is not received by the 3rd class of the semester, there will be a 10% late fee charged per total amount due.
2. A credit card authorization will be required to guarantee future tuition payments.
Refunds or Withdrawals
1. You may receive a full refund (minus the $200 non-refundable deposit) as long as you withdraw by the stated date.
2. You may switch/change your registered class to another class if seating is available for the desired class.
3. If an overpayment results from a change, a credit will be provided. If a balance is due, it must be paid at once.
4. If a student withdraws anytime during the session, a refund will be calculated based on the number of remaining classes at a non-discounted tuition rate.
5. Students that cause a disruptive and/or disrespectful environment towards classmates or teachers will not be able to continue with the remainder of the session. A refund will be calculated based on the number of remaining classes at a non-discounted tuition rate.
1. For cancellations for math classes must be made 24-hours in advance. For Monday classes, cancellation notice must be received by 7pm the prior Friday. Two make-up classes will be provided per semester. If we are not provided notice we will not be able to offer any make-up classes and the class tuition will be charged for that day.
2. For cancellations for any group ELA, robotics, and/or FasTracKids classes, notification must be given one week in advance. We will then schedule a make-up class. One make-up class will be provided per semester.
3. For cancellations of one-on-one private tutoring, notice must be given 24-hours in advance. For Monday classes, cancellation notice must be received by 7pm the prior Friday. Two make-up classes will be provided per semester. If we are not provided notice we will not be able to offer any make-up classes and the class tuition will be charged for that day.
Bad Weather/Snow Day
If Merit Academy is closed due to inclement weather, classes for that day will be rescheduled at the earliest possible time. Although the center will use its best efforts to contact all parents/students in case of bad weather, please call or check the center website (www.meritacademy.com) to confirm classes that day. Please be advised that the center may still be open even if public/private schools are closed.
1. Merit Academy will be closed on the following holidays only: New Year's Day; Memorial Day; Independence Day; Labor Day; Thanksgiving; and Christmas.
2. Classes will be taught on all other holidays unless stated otherwise. The cancellation policy will apply for all other holidays not listed above.
Please call 201.944.5350 or email ftk.fortlee@gmail if you have any questions or to let us know if your child cannot attend class for a scheduled session. No credits will be provided. Thank you for your understanding.